- AIATSIS – Aboriginal Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
The Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS) is a world-renowned research, collections and publishing organisation. Please find links to useful guides and resources; Finding your family and Proof of Aboriginality information.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Service (Qld) Ltd, is a community based organisation established to provide professional and culturally proficient legal services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across Queensland.
- AUTISM QUEENSLAND
The Early Intervention Indigenous Liaison Program is a national project hosted by Autism Queensland that aims to raise awareness of ASD in indigenous communities.
- BREASTSCREEN QUEENSLAND
BreastScreen Queensland is continually reviewing its Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander strategies, working closely with communities and local health workers to ensure local services are accessible, culturally sensitive and appealing to Indigenous clients.
- DEPT OF NATIONAL PARKS, RECREATION, SPORT AND RACING Get in the Game – The Queensland Government’s Get in the Game initiative supports sport and recreation at the grassroots level. Get Started assists children and young people who can least afford or may otherwise benefit from joining a sport or recreation club. Eligible children and young people are provided with a voucher of up to $150 to help pay for club membership and/or participation fees. The vouchers can be redeemed at a sport or recreation club registered with the program.
Headspace Maroochydore helps young people aged 12-25 who are going through a tough time. We can help with physical health, mental health, education and employment services, and alcohol and other drug services. All services are at no cost to the young person or their family, and many are bulk billed.
D’Jinang D’Jaa Indigenous Foster and Kinship Care Sunshine Coast is part of a larger community organisation called IFYS Ltd. IFYS Ltd has been providing foster care services to children and young people, in care of the Department of Child Safety, since 1992.
- KABI KABI ABORIGINAL CORPORATION Kabi Kabi Aboriginal Corporation is a best practice organisation delivering Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community housing to its Sunshine Coast and Tin Can Bay members.
Link-Up (Qld) Aboriginal Corporation is committed to reuniting members of the Stolen Generation with their families, culture and communities.
- MURRIS ON THE MOVE
“Murri’s on the Move Driving School” assists Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community
members to obtain a Learner Licence and progress on to driving lessons in a community car at a subsidised cost. Murris on the Move also has the only Indigenous driving instructor on the Sunshine Coast that provides a culturally appropriate program.
- QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT – Family and Personal History
Who’s your mob? If you want to find out about where you come from, there are places that can help you trace your family history. Contact the Community and Personal Histories’ team on 1800 650 230 to help you find out:
- RECONCILIATION AUSTRALIA
Reconciliation Australia is the peak organisation promoting reconciliation between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the broader Australian community.
Kuwnakan Palan staff work with families to reduce child protection concerns and aim to empower families to become strong and reliable family network. Staff will link families with community supports to help them achieve goals set out in a family plan developed by the family and staff.
- SUNNYKIDS – Najidah
Najidah is SunnyKids founding service. The refuge was established in 1999 to accommodate and support women and children who were homeless as a result of domestic and family violence.
- TAFE QUEENSLAND EAST COAST
TAFE Queensland East Coast formerly known as Sunshine Coast TAFE offers a variety of courses specifically for students of Indigenous Australian descent. These courses range from studies to develop skills for employment or further study to vocational courses leading to careers.
- UNIVERSITY OF THE SUNSHINE COAST
The University of the Sunshine Coast is committed to offering Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people the opportunity to achieve tertiary qualifications. You’ll find many services and plenty of support available to you as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student at USC.